A conversation between Robert Hanna and Scott Heftler
Philosophy Talks, With Bob And Scott is a series of conversations about fundamental philosophical ideas, problems, and topics, from A to Z.
The aim of these conversations is to move us beyond the false dichotomy between Analytic philosophy and so-called “Continental” philosophy–as if there were no other relevant alternatives: but in fact, there is at least one–toward a broadly and radically Kantian philosophy of the future.
This is the fourth episode.
In this episode, we discuss:
1. Research workflow tips from Bob & Kant.
2. The political Right’s cynical strategy for appropriating and inverting the Left’s political rhetoric & terminology.
3. Internal relations vs. external relations.
4. Acquaintance, description, & our knowledge of individuals.
5. Propositional realism, anti-idealism, & determinism.
6. Platonism, empiricism, & the analytic/synthetic distinction.
7. Universal a priori proto-logic & dialetheic logic.
8. Religion, dignity, thought-shapers, & “The Shape of Lives to Come” project.
AGAINST PROFESSIONAL PHILOSOPHY REDUX 592
Mr Nemo, W, X, Y, & Z, Monday 13 September 2021
Please consider becoming a patron!