Philosophy Talks, With Bob And Scott, #1.
A conversation between Robert Hanna and Scott Heftler
Philosophy Talks, With Bob And Scott is a series of conversations about fundamental philosophical ideas, problems, and topics, from A to Z.
The aim of these conversations is to move us beyond the false dichotomy between Analytic philosophy and so-called “Continental” philosophy–as if there were no other relevant alternatives: but in fact, there is at least one–toward a broadly and radically Kantian philosophy of the future.
This is the first episode.
In this episode, we discuss:
1. The state of Analytic philosophy after Quine.
2. Phenomenological vs behaviorist approaches to introspection.
3. The restructuring of philosophy departments since the 1980s.
4. The fittingness of the Analytic philosophy curriculum for graduate students grappling with genuine questions.
5. The immanence of the transcendent.
6. Kantian ways of participating in the noumenal.
7. Proto-panpsychism and transhumanism.
8. Qualia denial vs. consciousness denial.
9. The role of so-called “Continental” philosophy in Analytic philosophy’s self-portrayal.
AGAINST PROFESSIONAL PHILOSOPHY REDUX 579
Mr Nemo, W, X, Y, & Z, Monday 2 August 2021
Please consider becoming a patron!