Philosophy Ripped From The Headlines! Issue #10, June 2018: Jobs-&-Happiness, UBI in Finland, The Social Value of Envy, The Educated Elite’s Strange Failure, & Are We Just Our Brains?
By Hugh Reginald
Dear Philosopher or Philosophically-Minded Person,
Do you ever think about the larger philosophical implications of contemporary events and issues, especially when reading newspapers, journals, or blogs?
— Of course you do: but then what?
What if you were able to convert your thinking DIRECTLY into something you were able to use for TEACHING PHILOSOPHY, for PHILOSOPHY DISCUSSION GROUPS, and for inspiring-&-guiding INDIVIDUAL PHILOSOPHICAL REFLECTION?
Philosophy Ripped From The Headlines! will do that for you.
As a subscriber to Philosophy Ripped From The Headlines!, each month you’ll receive by e-mail attachment —
- AN EDITED COLLECTION OF ESPECIALLY THOUGHT-PROVOKING NEWSPAPER, JOURNAL, OR BLOG ARTICLES PUBLISHED WITHIN THE PREVIOUS MONTH, plus
- BRIEF FOLLOW-UP THOUGHTS, SUGGESTING RELEVANT PHILOSOPHICAL ISSUES, QUESTIONS, OR THEMES, plus
- URL HOT LINKS TO OTHER RELEVANT SOURCES, that are
- ALL INCLUDED IN A SINGLE .PDF THAT CAN THEN BE RE-POSTED OR SHARED IN ANY WAY YOU WANT.
Due to Ripped!‘s overwhelming popularity, we’re now making available DOWNLOADABLE, UNIVERSAL FREE ACCESS VERSIONS OF ALL OUR ISSUES, INCLUDING THE LATEST ONE, as follows–
ISSUE #1, SEPTEMBER 2017:
- BORDERS AND IMMIGRATION, CRIME AND PUNISHMENT, & CULTURAL CONFLICT
ISSUE #2, OCTOBER 2017:
- FREE SPEECH WARS
ISSUE #3, NOVEMBER 2017:
- GUN VIOLENCE
ISSUE #4, DECEMBER 2017:
- US POLITICS, ANIMAL MINDS, & REFUGEES
ISSUE #5, JANUARY 2018:
- BAKERS, BUDDHISTS, PLANT MINDS, & TOTAL WORK
ISSUE #6, FEBRUARY 2018:
- POVERTY IN THE USA, MARX REDUX, & THE SCOPE OF MINDEDNESS
ISSUE #7, MARCH 2018:
- THE MEANING OF LIFE & THE MORALITY OF DEATH
ISSUE #8, APRIL 2018:
- CONSCIOUSNESS-DENIAL, MINDS-&-SMARTPHONES, THE MORALITY OF ADDICTION, & RADICAL GUN REFORM
ISSUE #9, May 2018:
- DEFENDING LECTURING, CITIZENS OF THE WORLD, HYPER-LIBERALISM, NEO-ROMANTICISM, & PHYSICS-WITHOUT-TIME?
ISSUE #10, June 2018:
- JOBS-&-HAPPINESS, UBI IN FINLAND, THE SOCIAL VALUE OF ENVY, THE EDUCATED ELITE’S STRANGE FAILURE, & ARE WE JUST OUR BRAINS?
To subscribe to Philosophy Ripped From The Headlines!, simply go to:
and become a patron of Philosophy Without Borders at ANY of the donation-levels of $2.00, $5.00, $10.00, or $20.00 per month.
We thank you so much for your generous support of our work.
Hugh Reginald, Director, The Philosophy Without Borders Project