Philosophy Ripped From The Headlines!
Dear Philosopher or Philosophically-Minded Person,
Do you ever think about the larger philosophical implications of contemporary events and issues, especially when reading newspapers, journals, or blogs?
— Of course you do: but then what?
What if you were able to convert your thinking DIRECTLY into something you were able to use for TEACHING PHILOSOPHY, for PHILOSOPHY DISCUSSION GROUPS, and for inspiring-&-guiding INDIVIDUAL PHILOSOPHICAL REFLECTION?
Philosophy Ripped From The Headlines! will do that for you.
As a subscriber to Philosophy Ripped From The Headlines!, each month you’ll receive by e-mail attachment —
· AN EDITED COLLECTION OF ESPECIALLY THOUGHT-PROVOKING NEWSPAPER, JOURNAL, OR BLOG ARTICLES PUBLISHED WITHIN THE PREVIOUS MONTH, plus
· FOR EACH ARTICLE, OR EACH CLUSTER OF ARTICLES ON THE SAME TOPIC, FIVE BRIEF FOLLOW-UP THOUGHTS, SUGGESTING RELEVANT PHILOSOPHICAL ISSUES, QUESTIONS, OR THEMES, plus
· TWO URL HOT LINKS TO OTHER RELEVANT SOURCES, that are
· ALL INCLUDED IN A SINGLE .PDF THAT CAN THEN BE RE-POSTED OR SHARED IN ANY WAY YOU WANT.
To show you exactly what you’d be getting for your donation-&-subscription, we’ve posted a DOWNLOADABLE, INTRODUCTORY, UNIVERSAL FREE ACCESS VERSION of ISSUE #1, SEPTEMBER 2017, featuring articles and follow-up thoughts on–
- BORDERS AND IMMIGRATION
- CRIME AND PUNISHMENT, and
- CULTURAL CONFLICT,
and of ISSUE #2, OCTOBER 2017, featuring articles and follow-up thoughts on–
- FREE SPEECH WARS,
and of ISSUE #3, NOVEMBER 2017, featuring articles and follow-up thoughts on–
- GUN VIOLENCE,
In this month’s issue, ISSUE #4, DECEMBER 2017, we feature articles and follow-ups on–
- US POLITICS, ANIMAL MINDS, & REFUGEES
To subscribe to Philosophy Ripped From The Headlines!, simply go to:
and become a patron of Philosophy Without Borders at ANY of the donation-levels of $2.00, $5.00, $10.00, or $20.00 per month.
This month’s issue of Philosophy Ripped From The Headlines! IS AVAILABLE ONLY TO PATRONS OF PHILOSOPHY WITHOUT BORDERS.[*]
We thank you so much for your generous support of our work.
Hugh Reginald, Director, The Philosophy Without Borders Project
[*] Except by special request made to this e-address: <firstname.lastname@example.org>