The 18th century French radical Enlightenment philosophers — Voltaire, Diderot, and Rousseau — said they were members of “the party of humanity.”
This was intended as a rejection of all traditional political parties, and an assertion of universal respect for human dignity and rage against human oppression.
Indeed, there are three things wrong with every traditional political party since the 18th century, whether rightist, leftist, or centrist :
(i) ideological purity and identity politics, leading to the repressive intolerance of any alternative beliefs or life-styles, and the oppressive hatred of any class-economic, religious, national, racial, ethnic, gender/sexual, age-group, etc., etc., Other,
(ii) nationalism and exceptionalism, leading to nativism or imperialism,
(iii) cults of personality and demagoguery, leading to authoritarianism or tyranny.
This is especially true of contemporary politics worldwide, for example, contemporary politics in the USA.
The 2016 US Presidential election and now Presidency of the greedy, ruthless, boy-billionaire Donald Trump is, in effect, a reduction-to-absurdity of the US political party system.
Tragically, the dawning of The Age of Trump-POTUS is as much a result of the political failures of the Clinton-Obama era Democratic Party over the last 25 years, as it is a result of the stupefying political victory of Trump and his Know-Nothings, the establishment Republican Party, and the Republican alt-right, in 2016.
Some people, rightly disgusted with traditional party politics, wrongly think that a third (or fourth, or fifth, etc.) traditional political party is the answer — Libertarians or Green Party or whatever.
But in fact, as everyone knows, third (or fourth, or fifth, etc.) parties not only have all the flaws of traditional political parties, but they also split the vote and almost inevitably ensure that the party and the leader not wanted by the majority of those who vote, win.
Therefore, only a political party that fully rejects ideological purity and identity-politics, fully rejects nationalism and exceptionalism, and fully rejects cults of personality and demagoguery, can ever be rationally and morally acceptable.
In short, what is needed is a political party that is fully HUMANITARIAN, COSMOPOLITAN, and LED BY NOBODY.
A party whose members passionately RESPECT human dignity and passionately RESIST human oppression, everywhere in the WORLD, starting at HOME.
A party whose members ABHOR the repressive intolerance of any alternative opinions or life-styles, ABHOR the oppressive hatred of any class-economic, religious, national, racial, ethnic, gender/sexual, age-group, etc., Other, ABHOR nativism, ABHOR imperialism, ABHOR authoritarianism, and ABHOR tyranny.
A party that runs NO candidates for political office, but whose members privately and publicly EXPRESS their humanitarian beliefs, privately and publicly ADVOCATE the social and political implementation of those humanitarian beliefs, and consistently VOTE for all and only those social policies and political candidates that support and sustain humanity everywhere, starting at home.
A party that wants Utopia Now for EVERYONE, and not coercive power for ANYONE, especially and almost inevitably the wealthiest 1%.
Obviously, I’m talking about The WTFU Party, which, in the tradition of the radical Enlightenment, is THE NEW PARTY OF HUMANITY.
So to traditional political parties of all kinds, but especially to contemporary US Democrats and Republicans, and above all to the greedy, ruthless, boy-billionaire US President Donald Trump, aka Dr Trumpolini, I’m saying —
Je vous dis, merde!
“Je vous dis, merde!” (literally, “I say to you: shit!” or more loosely, “You’re so full of shit!”) is a morally and politically defiant slogan invented and first published by an early 20th-century Catalan anarchist who used the nom de guerre “Miguel Almereyda.” Almereyda, who was murdered in a French prison in 1917, was also the father of the famous French film director Jean Vigo, who immortalized the same slogan in his breakthrough 1933 film, Zéro de conduite, aka Zero for Conduct.
Here is the seven-part platform of The Wake The Fuck Up! Party , aka The WTFU Party —
1. Universal Respect for Human Dignity (URHD):
· Human dignity is the absolute non-denumerable moral value of every member of humanity, and everyone ought to try wholeheartedly to treat everyone else in a way that is sufficient to meet the demands of respect for human dignity, especially including (i) alleviating or ending human oppression, and (ii) actively engaging in mutual aid and mutual kindness.
2. Universal Basic Income (UBI):
· Anyone 21 years of age or over and living permanently in the USA, who has a personal yearly income of $50,000.00 USD or less, and who is capable of requesting their UBI, would receive $25,000.00 USD per year, with no strings attached.
3. A 15-Hour Workweek for Understaffed Non-Bullshit Jobs (FHW-for-UNBJs):
· Anyone 18 years of age or older who is living permanently in the USA, who has completed a high school education, and is mentally and physically capable of doing a job, would be offered an eco-job, paying a yearly wage of $25,000.00 USD, for fifteen hours of work (three 5-hour days) per week.
Thus anyone 21 years of age or older with a high-school degree and who is also mentally and physically capable of working, would have a guaranteed yearly income of at least $50,000.00 USD if they chose to do an eco-job.
The rationale behind the three-year gap between (i) being offered an eco-job at 18 and (ii) beginning to receive their UBI at 21, is that every young adult who has finished high school will have the option of pursuing three years of part-time or full-time free higher education without credentialing, i.e., for its own sake, after high school, before making longer-term decisions about what I call job-work and life-work.
Here are a few more details about UBI and eco-jobs.
(i) The UBI is to be paid by a monthly stipend check.
(ii) Eco-job income is not taxed.
(iii) For all individual yearly incomes of $50,000.00 USD or under, no tax will be levied; hence for someone receiving their UBI and also doing an eco-job, no income tax will be levied.
(iv) For all individual non-eco-job incomes, for every $1.00 USD earned above the standard UBI of $25,000.00 USD, the monthly UBI stipend is reduced by 50 cents, until the recipient’s UBI is reduced to zero; hence for those individuals with yearly non-eco-job incomes equal to or under $50,000.00 USD, the maximum UBI + non-eco-job income sum is always $50,000.00 USD.
(v) For all individual yearly incomes over $50,000.00 USD, for every $10,000.00 USD earned, that surplus income is taxed at the rate of 1%, with the highest surplus income tax rate being 50%; hence the maximum surplus 50% tax rate starts at individual yearly incomes of $550,000.00 USD, and applies to all higher surplus incomes.
4. Universal Free Higher Education Without Credentialing (HEWC):
· Everyone would be offered, beyond their high-school education, a free, three-year minimum, optional (but also open-ended beyond those three years, as a further option), part-time or full-time universal public education program in the so-called “liberal arts,” and also in some of the so-called “STEM” fields, including the humanities, the fine arts, the social sciences, mathematics, and the natural sciences.
· For many or even most people, their HEWC would fall between (i) the end of their high school education at age 18 and the corresponding availability of eco-jobs, and (ii) the beginning of their UBI at age 21.
· But HEWC would be open to anyone with a high school degree, no matter how old they are, provided they are mentally and physically capable of doing the program.
5. Universal Free Healthcare (UFH):
· Every human person living permanently in the USA will receive free lifelong healthcare.
6. 2-Phase Universal Open Borders (2P-UOB):
· Phase 1: Starting in 2021, there will be universal open borders with Canada and Mexico, and everyone who moves across those borders and then claims residence in the USA, will receive temporary or permanent residence in the USA and also full membership in the system of UBI, FHW-for-UNBJs/eco-jobs, and UFH in the USA, with the precise number of new temporary or permanent residents to depend on the current availability of (i) adequate funding for UBI, eco-jobs, and UFH , and (ii) adequate living accommodation, in the USA, provided that all new residents also fully respect the human dignity of everyone else in the USA and elsewhere in the world.
· Phase 2: Also starting in 2021, the USA, Canada, and Mexico will collectively form a Global Refugee Consortium (GRC), with three-way open borders to any political refugee, economic refugee, or asylum seeker from anywhere in the world (aka “global refugees”), who will receive temporary or permanent residence in the USA, Canada, or Mexico, and also full membership in the system of UBI, FHW-for-UNBJs/eco-jobs, and UFH in the three GRC countries, with the precise number of new temporary or permanent residents, and the precise distribution of new residents among the three members of the GRC, to depend on the current availability of (i) funding for UBI, eco-jobs, and UFH , and (ii) adequate living accommodation, in the three GRC countries, provided that all new residents also fully respect the human dignity of everyone else in the GRC and elsewhere in the world.
7. Universal No-Guns (UNG):
· No one in the USA, including police, internal security forces of all kinds, armies, and intelligence forces of all kinds, has the moral right to possess or use guns of any kind, for any purpose whatsoever, because the primary function of guns is coercion, and coercion is immoral.
· UNG would be implemented by repealing the Second Amendment to the US Constitution in 2021 and then universally banning the possession or use of guns thereafter.
I’m also assuming that Universal Public Education (UPE) — universal free access for all human persons of any age to good public education up to the end of high school — already exists in most countries, and needs no further justification.
Where UPE does not already exist, it would automatically become a necessary part of the seven-part WTFU Party package, thereby making it a eight-part package.
Mr Nemo, Nowhere, NA, 21 January 2017