Je Vous Dis, Merde! 16: Resisting AGAINST Versus Resisting FOR
We’re now 56 days into The Age of Trump-POTUS, and here is what the alt-right online journal Breitbart has recently said are President Trump’s “major accomplishments,” mostly achieved through executive orders:
National Security, i.e, the Muslim travel ban.
Immigration, i.e, the Great Wall between Mexico and the USA.
Jobs and the Economy, i.e., more shit jobs for the 99% and more tax breaks for the 1%.
Escalating War on the Media, i.e., violating his Presidential oath of office, “to preserve, protect and defend” the US Constitution, by calling major news media outlets “the enemy of the American people,” thereby undermining the First Amendment right to freedom of the press.
Diplomacy, i.e., desperately trying to deflect attention away from Russiagate and being The Siberian Candidate, by making ridiculous, unsubstantiated claims about Obama and wire-taps.
Abortion and Transgender Bathrooms, i.e., banning funding for the Constitutionally-protected right to abortion and revoking Obama’s federal guidelines for permitting transgender people to pee wherever they feel most comfortable doing so.
Oh yes, Breitbart neglected to mention:
Environmental Protection, i.e., dismantling the Environmental Protection Agency and its environmental protections.
Healthcare, i.e., the TRUMPCARE plan to further Healthcare Hell in the USA by dismantling Obamacare, so that the poor and unemployed can have no healthcare care whatsoever, or only inadequate care, and the rich people have even less expensive healthcare insurance premiums and more choice.
So it is very clear what those of us who are committed to resisting Trump are resisting AGAINST: racism, xenophobia, supporting foreign neo-fascist dictatorships, rapacious large-scale New Billionaire Boys Club capitalism and oppressing the poor, degrading the natural environment, attacks on basic rights and freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution, MINDFUCK, mind control, and basic contradictions in US democracy.
But, as resistance-fatigue and the equally strong temptation to normalize — that is, passively accept the status quo, no matter how bad it is — begin to set in, it is also extremely important to ask ourselves: what are we resisting FOR?
That is: what is our vision of a better world?
The very idea behind The WTFU Party is that it is a complete rejection of traditional identity-driven, class-driven, nationalist, partisan, sectarian party-politics, of any kind, and a passionate affirmation of the classical Enlightenment idea of a universal, cosmopolitan or global “party of humanity.”
In an American context, historically, the closest thing to creating a party of humanity was A. Philip Randolph’s, Bayard Rustin’s, and Martin Luther King Jr’s Freedom Budget of 1968.
In short, The WTFU Party is the new party of humanity.
So the right answer to the question, what are we resisting FOR?, is:
for the sake of human dignity, autonomy, mutual aid, and ending human oppression, here and everywhere.
And to Breitbart, and Trump’s “major accomplishments,”
Je vous dis, merde!
“Je vous dis, merde!” (literally, “I say to you: shit!” or more loosely, “You’re so full of shit!”) is a morally and politically defiant slogan invented and first published by an early 20th-century Catalan anarchist who used the nom de guerre “Miguel Almereyda.” Almereyda, who was murdered in a French prison in 1917, was also the father of the famous French film director Jean Vigo, who immortalized the same slogan in his breakthrough 1933 film, Zéro de conduite, aka Zero for Conduct.
Here is the seven-part platform of The Wake The Fuck Up! Party , aka The WTFU Party —
1. Universal Respect for Human Dignity (URHD):
· Human dignity is the absolute non-denumerable moral value of every member of humanity, and everyone ought to try wholeheartedly to treat everyone else in a way that is sufficient to meet the demands of respect for human dignity, especially including (i) alleviating or ending human oppression, and (ii) actively engaging in mutual aid and mutual kindness.
2. Universal Basic Income (UBI):
· Anyone 21 years of age or over and living permanently in the USA, who has a personal yearly income of $50,000.00 USD or less, and who is capable of requesting their UBI, would receive $25,000.00 USD per year, with no strings attached.
3. A 15-Hour Workweek for Understaffed Non-Bullshit Jobs (FHW-for-UNBJs):
· Anyone 18 years of age or older who is living permanently in the USA, who has completed a high school education, and is mentally and physically capable of doing a job, would be offered an eco-job, paying a yearly wage of $25,000.00 USD, for fifteen hours of work (three 5-hour days) per week.
Thus anyone 21 years of age or older with a high-school degree and who is also mentally and physically capable of working, would have a guaranteed yearly income of at least $50,000.00 USD if they chose to do an eco-job.
The rationale behind the three-year gap between (i) being offered an eco-job at 18 and (ii) beginning to receive their UBI at 21, is that every young adult who has finished high school will have the option of pursuing three years of part-time or full-time free higher education without credentialing, i.e., for its own sake, after high school, before making longer-term decisions about what I call job-work and life-work.
Here are a few more details about UBI and eco-jobs.
(i) The UBI is to be paid by a monthly stipend check.
(ii) Eco-job income is not taxed.
(iii) For all individual yearly incomes of $50,000.00 USD or under, no tax will be levied; hence for someone receiving their UBI and also doing an eco-job, no income tax will be levied.
(iv) For all individual non-eco-job incomes, for every $1.00 USD earned above the standard UBI of $25,000.00 USD, the monthly UBI stipend is reduced by 50 cents, until the recipient’s UBI is reduced to zero; hence for those individuals with yearly non-eco-job incomes equal to or under $50,000.00 USD, the maximum UBI + non-eco-job income sum is always $50,000.00 USD.
(v) For all individual yearly incomes over $50,000.00 USD, for every $10,000.00 USD earned, that surplus income is taxed at the rate of 1%, with the highest surplus income tax rate being 50%; hence the maximum surplus 50% tax rate starts at individual yearly incomes of $550,000.00 USD, and applies to all higher surplus incomes.
4. Universal Free Higher Education Without Credentialing (HEWC):
· Everyone would be offered, beyond their high-school education, a free, three-year minimum, optional (but also open-ended beyond those three years, as a further option), part-time or full-time universal public education program in the so-called “liberal arts,” and also in some of the so-called “STEM” fields, including the humanities, the fine arts, the social sciences, mathematics, and the natural sciences.
· For many or even most people, their HEWC would fall between (i) the end of their high school education at age 18 and the corresponding availability of eco-jobs, and (ii) the beginning of their UBI at age 21.
· But HEWC would be open to anyone with a high school degree, no matter how old they are, provided they are mentally and physically capable of doing the program.
5. Universal Free Healthcare (UFH):
· Every human person living permanently in the USA will receive free lifelong healthcare.
6. 2-Phase Universal Open Borders (2P-UOB):
· Phase 1: Starting in 2021, there will be universal open borders with Canada and Mexico, and everyone who moves across those borders and then claims residence in the USA, will receive temporary or permanent residence in the USA and also full membership in the system of UBI, FHW-for-UNBJs/eco-jobs, and UFH in the USA, with the precise number of new temporary or permanent residents to depend on the current availability of (i) adequate funding for UBI, eco-jobs, and UFH , and (ii) adequate living accommodation, in the USA, provided that all new residents also fully respect the human dignity of everyone else in the USA and elsewhere in the world.
· Phase 2: Also starting in 2021, the USA, Canada, and Mexico will collectively form a Global Refugee Consortium (GRC), with three-way open borders to any political refugee, economic refugee, or asylum seeker from anywhere in the world (aka “global refugees”), who will receive temporary or permanent residence in the USA, Canada, or Mexico, and also full membership in the system of UBI, FHW-for-UNBJs/eco-jobs, and UFH in the three GRC countries, with the precise number of new temporary or permanent residents, and the precise distribution of new residents among the three members of the GRC, to depend on the current availability of (i) funding for UBI, eco-jobs, and UFH , and (ii) adequate living accommodation, in the three GRC countries, provided that all new residents also fully respect the human dignity of everyone else in the GRC and elsewhere in the world.
7. Universal No-Guns (UNG):
· No one in the USA, including police, internal security forces of all kinds, armies, and intelligence forces of all kinds, has the moral right to possess or use guns of any kind, for any purpose whatsoever, because the primary function of guns is coercion, and coercion is immoral.
· UNG would be implemented by repealing the Second Amendment to the US Constitution in 2021 and then universally banning the possession or use of guns thereafter.
I’m also assuming that Universal Public Education (UPE) — universal free access for all human persons of any age to good public education up to the end of high school — already exists in most countries, and needs no further justification.
Where UPE does not already exist, it would automatically become a necessary part of the seven-part WTFU Party package, thereby making it a eight-part package.
Mr Nemo, Nowhere, NA, 17 March 2017